Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!!

We Northern Virginians enjoyed our first real snowfall of the winter. I was excited as I FINALLY got to bust out Sabrina's snow pants. I was starting to sweat thinking I had wasted my money after all but I have to say that after 3.5!!! hrs (2 in the am and 1.5 in the pm) they kept my little snow bird warm and dry. We had the BEST time playing outside. Sab heard some of the neighborhood kids playing in front of our house (apparently we have a good hill for sledding on the side of our house) and she demanded(yes she does that from time to time) we join them. So after 30 min of bundling up we ventured outside. This was Sabrina's first real snowfall so I was unsure how she would react. I was worried for nothing as this kid just LOVED LOVED the snow. She went sledding, made snow angels, learned about yellow snow, learned how to make a snowball, and saw her first snowball fight. Our house became ground zero in the afternoon for the neighborhood kids snowball fight. Sab thought this was the BEST. THING.EVER. and proceeded to dump snow on me and then laugh hysterically. The best part of the afternoon for me was seeing my normally very shy kid pull free from my hand and go running toward a group of kids waving madly and shouting "Hi" at the top of her lungs and wanting to be included in their play. That made the 30 min worth of getting bundled up totally worth it. Here are some pics:
Front of our house

Getting bundled up

Pic of our footprints.
Sledding was a BIG hit.
See :)
Helping Mommy shovel.

She tried to sweep the snow up first but then quickly moved on to the shovel.

Right after this shot we learned about yellow snow
Neighborhood kids having a snowball fight in front of our house


Sab running to join the fray.
Sab and her new friend Keira watching the fight from a safe distance.
Getting ready to dump snow on Mommy.
Mommy gets her revenge :)
Happy kid!
Posing with our snow angels
Getting a ride in the wagon.


No comments: