So as Sabrina begins her 20th month of life, I am a bit taken aback about how fast time as gone by. This past month saw Sab learning a few more words. Some new ones are: Laura, more, mine, Katie, book, ball, and of course yes and the much used no. She has gotten very good at saying no. In fact she says no to almost every question posed to her. Case in point, this morning after her breakfast I caught a wafe of eau de sabrina's poopy butt. I asked her if she went potty. "No Mommy" she replied. I asked her if she was sure because I smell poo. She said no again. I asked her if she did not do it then who did. After a pause she bent down picked up her Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and pointed to his bottom rather triumphantly. Poor Micky..

She is really good at puzzles and seems to know her colors. She picked up a yellow crayon (her fave new activity) and said "yellow" the other day and when I asked her to point to the red, green etc ones she did so. She's starting to recognize her letters, mostly because of an alphabet puzzle we have. She also seems to have learned some animal sounds, such as sheep, cat, dog and monkey. Here is a video of my little monkey in action:
Her hair has finally gotten long enough to put up in mini pig tails and pony tails. These must ALWAYS be topped with a bow. Heaven forbid if there is no bow. You would think I took her favorite toy in the world, brought it out back, shot it, then set it on fire.

The past few days have also shown that our sweet little angel has quite a temper and is willing to throw the mother of all fits when she does not get her way. Most times she will stop when I ask her if she needs at time out. She will pause mid wail, think about it and decide if what she wanted is worth being put in a corner. At our last Dr visit the Dr informed Kyle and I that the terrible twos, much like morning sickness is a bit of a misnomer. Oftentimes it begins around 18 mos. Looks like we are beginning that dreaded stage. Lucky us :)
On the positive side she is very eager to pitch in and help with the chores around the house. She seems to enjoy being useful and likes to help her Mommy. I plan on taking full advantage of this :) See:
Mopping the floors

Learning how to vacuum

Depsite all the tantrums and the yelling she seems so fond of, I look forward to seeing what new thing she will do or say. She is something of a jokester and tries to make me laugh at least once a day. I love my monkey and would not trade her for anything in the world. Her kisses and hugs make all the grief worthwhile :)
Sab hates when her Daddy leaves in the morning. This was her attempt to go to work with him. She now puts on his belts. I fear a badge and the cell phone on her hip are next.

1 comment:
Look at that beautiful hair! We're still waiting over here! Great updates, C! I enjoyed seeing what Sab is up to these days. We'll see you guys soon!
Sarah
Post a Comment