Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Me with my two babies
I am not sure how any future Mother's day is going to be able to compete with the Mother's Day weekend I just had. It started last Saturday night when after a wonderful dinner out my husband surprised me with the news that he had booked me a room at the Reston Hyatt so I could get a night of uninterrupted sleep. After almost 3 months of sleeping in increments with one ear listening for a door opening by an adventurous toddler or a baby crying, this was the best gift he could have given me. I had a great room, with a comfy bed and all the dark and quiet one could hope for. It was awesome!
This past weekend started off with lunch with two great friends and then a whole afternoon of shopping, good conversation and frozen yogurt. I then came home to a ridiculously extravagant meal of shrimp cocktail and filet mignon provided by Brian and Laine for Sue Ellen in honor of Mother's day. Since Bill and Sue Ellen had very graciously decided to babysit Sabby and Caleb so I could have my mommy play date, dinner was at our house. Lucky me right??
On Sunday I awoke to a hug from Sabby and her wishing me "Happy Mother's Day" , funny and cute cards from the kids and Kyle then one of Kyle's famous brunches cooked up for myself, my mother and father and Tony. Nothing says I love you like chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon :)
Best part of all though was that I got to celebrate the weekend with the two moms in my life, my own mother whom I love dearly and appreciate her so much and my mother in law who from day one has treated me like I was her own and whom I have grown to love very much. Thanks to you both for being such wonderful examples!!

No comments: