Today was a good day. Not only did I somehow manage to convince both kids to take a nap at the same time but Sabby, Caleb and myself ventured outside for our first outing as a threesome. So maybe Sabrina's nap was coaxed out of her by a little bribe involving a cartoon and an Oreo, the point is she took one for the first time in three weeks. Through my skillful planning ok ok ok maybe it was more a case of divine intervention, Caleb's lunch feeding coincided with her nap so both of my little ones were snoozing away for about two hours this afternoon. Now a responsible Mom would have used her time wisely and either a)napped or b) cleaned up the house and washed some clothes. I decided to celebrate instead and parked myself on the sofa with two Oreo's and caught up on my DVR.
After the kids woke up and Caleb was fed, dry and sleepy again I decided a little fresh air would do all of us some good so we ventured outside and took advantage of the lovely day. Caleb spitting up all over himself when we were about 10 feet from my driveway did not deter us. Nope, we just cleaned him up with a burp cloth and some water and continued on our walk. This was the first time I took both kids out of the house on my own and it was a bit chaotic to get out the door but it was really enjoyable and I think we all benefited greatly from a change of scenery and some fresh air. Below are a few pics from our walk:
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment