Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowpocolypse Redux

Yowsza huh?
Well last night was pretty exciting. We lost power around 1:30/2 am and it did not come back on until after 5am. I did my best to not freak out and thanks to the camping lantern Bill and Sue Ellen ( I vow to never make fun of their more creative gifts ever again-but hey a camping lantern for a girl whose idea of camping involves staying in a cabin in the woods with hot water and satellite is kinda funny) gave to us for Christmas I was able to go around and do all the blackout things Kyle normally takes care of. Sabrina thankfully slept through the entire night so I'm hoping she is on the mend. If 13.5 hrs of sleep does not help with her recovery then not much else will. I took a few more pics this morning when we woke and as you can see quite a bit of snow fell during last night. I'm guessing we have a minimum of two feet on the ground right now and its still falling. At this point I am not holding out much hope that Kyle's flight in from London tomorrow will make it in. I'm glad he is having fun with his friend Bryan chasing Leprechauns and touring the Dublin countryside :)


Shot of the picnic table-big difference from last night!
Back deck/yard. I kept hearing tree limbs break off. Not a good sound in the middle of the night!

View from the front door of our pipestem

View from front door of neighbor. You can barely tell the landscapers cleared the walkway/driveway last night!

Another shot of the back yard

View of the back right yard.

1 comment:

Hicks Family said...

Yowsa is right! Holy toledo. Nice pictures really puts the snow in perspective. We had a slight dusting. But all is well here. Amazing what 3 hours can do. Heck richmond got 12 inches--so 1.5 can do. I'll see you later.