Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Smart cookie

Well it looks like Sabrina has figured out what her most coveted object, the remote, is used for. I don't have the TV on very often during the day, if its on it is usually tuned into a music station but since she discovered how to turn on both the TV and the cable by herself she loves to change the channels. Her favorite new hobby is to turn the TV off and on repeatedly while looking right at me to see my reaction. I have tried everything to get her to stop, from not reacting at all to even giving her hand a tap nothing seems to work. Forget about telling her "no" in a stern voice, she just laughs at me. At 11 mos she is too young for a time out and I'm not going to yell or spank her so if you moms have any advice on how I can get her to stop I am all ears. Oh and yes I have tried distracting her, it works but only for about 5 minutes then we are right back where we started. I am shuddering to think what her twos and threes are going to be like. I wont even let my brain imagine her teenage years. The Serenity prayer is on playing on a repeat loop in my head all day :)


1 comment:

Takoma Volpe said...

Yes, she is a smart cookie! I ended up buying a decorative wood box with a lid in which to store our remotes, and placed them on a table out of reach. It kept Laney not only from reaching them, but also from seeing them and wanting them so bad she would howl. :) She knows where they are, however, and can now climb up to get them. Fun, fun. Oh, I think I also got her a play phone so she could have some "push this button and something happens" moments with a similarly shaped object.

Good luck!
Love, Laura

- - Parenting is not for the faint of heart.